KURZ THREADS for banknotes, offered as window threads for paper substrates, are a fundamental new offer in the market for banknote security solutions. Equipped with the market-leading KINEGRAM technology, they constitute a highly prominent and instantly verifiable security feature.
Typical thread widths of 3-6 mm are currently available.
KURZ THREADS with FLUX Effect deploy striking, extremely pronounced movement effects, including up and down the thread in various directions, left-right movements, pumping and rolling effects. These are accentuated by multiple bright colors, rendering these threads exceptionally attractive and visibly different from other threads in the market. Both optical effects and colors can be freely customized.
KURZ THREADS are overprintable and can incorporate magnetic, IR, UV, taggant-based or other covert and machine-readable effects.
A New Paradigm in Banknote Security
- multiple attractive design and partial metallization options
- available with additional covert and machine-readable features
- based on superior KINEGRAM technology and market-leading experience
A KINEGRAM patch is a particular foil element, available in any desired shape, showing one or several diffractive images. Partial metallization and transparent Areas allow for patches to be completely and seamlessly integrated into the banknote design, including overprinting.
- easy to locate
- easy to authenticate
- very high durability and security
The KINEGRAM APL, Applied Patch Label, is a revolution in foil application. Individual foil elements, available in any desired shape and showing one or several diffractive images, can be applied with this innovative application method onto die-cut windows in paper banknotes, an unique achievement in the world of security foils. KINEGRAM APL also allows the application of other complex security foil features which up to now were not available. This application technology truly completes the feature selection for central banks, gives back process control to printers, and enables new degrees of freedom in banknote design.
- fully tested and ready for industrial use in all circulation conditions
- patented technology significantly increasing banknote security
- new degree of freedom for the banknote supply chain
Today's gold standard in foil based security features. Thanks to highly innovative application equipment, KINEGRAM stripes can be applied in register onto banknotes. This greatly increases the freedom of the banknote designer, who is now able to combine the printed banknote design and the KINEGRAM into a visual entity.
- gold standard for foil based security features
- element of choice for leading central banks around the world
- significantly raises the anti counterfeiting security of the banknotes
A quantum leap in banknote security. Taking the advantages of registered stripes even further, KINEGRAM foils can be applied over window areas in banknotes. This is true for paper banknotes such as the European Central Bank's new 20 Euro, and for polymer banknotes such as the new English 5 Pound or the Canadian banknote series.
KURZ is the only producer of foil-based security features which have successfully been applied to polymer banknotes, in both patch and stripe format.
- next generation banknote security
- virtually impossible to counterfeit or copy
- chosen by the European Central Bank as principal feature of new 20 Euro notes
KINEGRAM continuous stripes have been state of the art for many years. A continuous stripe in web direction enables a very cost effective and easy application of the foil onto any substrate. Needless to say, it also provides high levels of security.
- well-proven, easy, efficient application
- complex technologies such as KINEGRAM ZERO.ZERO can be added
- ideal security solution for issuing authorities who have to respect restricted budgets