Secure Biometric ID Verification with the DOCUMENT LIBRARY SDK! The go-to assistant for ID document verification, the Document Library is a collection of images of more than 240 government issued biometric ID and other identity documents (ID cards, passports, drivers licenses, residence permits, visas). It also contains videos of a large number of documents, showing their principal security feature, a diffractive optically variable image device (DOVID).
It is the optimal solution for an unambiguous document verification, passport identification, secure identity check and assists in verify foreign ID documents. The Document Library SDK can be integrated into existing Android or iOS apps, or be at the base of a standalone solution.
Benefits of the Document Library SDK
The Document Library SDK is an indispensable help for reliable identity checks and lends itself to a variety of uses, from the mobile devices of executive forces and police officers to border control situations, from deployment by governmental or private security services to supporting the work of document forensics experts. Last but not least, it adds value to existing products and services of IT integrators or governmental software providers.
- unparalleled user experience through ease of integration and simplicity of use
- outstanding number of international documents included
- hassle-free fully integrated and flexible solution
- privacy control without data collection or regulatory issues
The ideal solution for secure biometric ID verification
The Document Library SDK is the means of choice when it comes to the unambiguous authentication of identity documents. Whether foreign or national, offline or online, the SDK provides all the tools and information for the user that he needs to verify the principal security feature of the document, thus establishing with great certainty the authenticity of a document and its holder. Unknown foreign documents or security feature details can be identified beyond doubt, and the SDK helps to establish clarity regarding suspicious-looking security elements or ID documents. The need for time-consuming and expensive deployment of highly skilled staff and specialized teams is greatly reduced.
Technical Features of the Document Library SDK
The Document Library SDK is unique in being a fully integrated solution. Its usability is unparalleled in the market, guaranteeing a seamless handover and an undisrupted workflow. More than that, it is a native mobile SDK that neither requires a website nor needs constant online connection. Offline capability and adaptability towards the customer’s needs make it a universal and indispensable solution.
The Document Library SDK is available for mobile devices worldwide, and compatible with both iOS and Android systems. It is tailored for seamless integration into governmental or corporate apps on trusted devices.
Outstanding SDK solutions – Try our free demo app
The Document Library is available in the form of an SDK, but also as an independent app for mobile devices. For maximum effect, it can be combined with the Mobile Scan and Mobile Chip SDKs of OVD Kinegram. In the near future, a combination with Optical Phone Authentication functionality will be available.
Invaluable support for secure identity verification: Read ID cards and passports with the MOBILE CHIP SDK. With this extremely fast and dependable Software Development Kit (SDK), it is possible to read and verify the chip data in ID cards and biometric passports according to ICAO 9303. Reading passports and ID cards has never been easier.
The MOBILE CHIP SDK is a speedy and highly reliable ID verification solution that is ready at hand. A robust NFC process speedily accesses and displays the data stored on an ID or passport chip. The Chip SDK can easily be integrated into any existing application, or modified as a standalone ID verification app.
- Authenticate persons*
- Check in guests of a hotel or restaurant
- Register members
- Perform age checks to enforce entry restrictions
- On-board customers
* To verify a person’s identity, use the MOBILE CHIP SDK in combination with our MOBILE SCAN SDK and a biometric check. Check out also the MOBILE SCAN SDK which enables quick and easy capture of biographic data from the MRZ and PDF417.
Document Validation Server (optional - ideally as a customer-based on-premise solution)
- fully offline "on device"
- mobile device can read data (machine readable zone, photograph asf.)
- mobile device can verify integrity and authenticity of the data
- mobile device can ascertain that the chip was not cloned (if and when supported by the respective passport)
If the mobile device is not trustworty, there is an alternative solution at hand:
FULL SERVER VERIFICATION (on-premise) WITH eMRTD CONNECTOR
The eMRTD Connector is the ideal solution for any situation where data capturing, data authenticity verification or chip authenticity verification are required by a server, but the client device is not trustworthy. A primary example are Know-Your-Customer applications.
Document Validation Server (ideally as a customer-based on-premise solution)
Mobile SDK "eMRTD Connector" (iOS / Android)
- Document Validation Server can be deployed as on-premise docker container
- iOS and Android SDKs enable passport chip access for the Document Validation Server
- server can read data (machine readable zone, photograph asf.)
- server can verify integrity and authenticity of the data
- server can ascertain that the chip was not cloned (if and when supported by the respective passport)
With the fast and reliable MOBILE SCAN SDK (Software Development Kit), it is possible to scan, read and verify the machine readable zone of ID cards, passports or other suitable ID documents. With immediate results and enabling reliable ID checks, the software is able to capture and display printed data from passports, ID cards and driver's licenses - creating confidence and convenience in ID verification, including of foreign IDs.
The MOBILE SCAN SDK can easily be integrated into any existing app and is able to capture the data of ID cards, passports and driver’s licenses. There is a multitude of use cases where this automatic data capture brings benefits in the form of process efficiency, smooth user experience, and higher data quality.
Use Cases of the MOBILE SCAN SDK
- Authentication of persons*
- Guest registration in hospitality
- Member registrations for associations, clubs, …
- Hotel Check-ins
- Customer onboarding situations
- Travel facilitation
- Age checks for enforcing entry restrictions
* if the MOBILE SCAN SDK is used in combination with our MOBILE CHIP SDK and biometric checks.
The MOBILE SCAN SDK at work
- Scan the MRZ on an ID card or passport according to ICAO Document 9303
- Or scan the pdf417 used on driver's licenses and ID cards according to ISO/IEC 15438.
- Check the displayed data in your app. That’s it!
The characteristics of our MOBILE SCAN SDK
- Fast and reliable scan of MRZ and PDF417
- Off-line data inspection and verification
- Easy to integrate with other SDKs
- Compatible with Apple and Android operating systems
OVD Kinegram provides different SDKs for identity proofing. The MOBILE SCAN SDK can be combined with the MOBILE CHIP SDK and the DOCUMENT LIBRARY SDK.